Southwest Michigan Wineries
There are plenty of reasons to visit Southwest Michigan Wineries. For one, the Lake Shore Wine Trail provides a fast and easy way for you to see all of them in just three to four days. In addition to that, though, you’ll be sampling some of the best wines from some of the most gifted winemakers in the country.
Contents at a glance:
- The Baker’s Dozen – The Best Southwest Michigan Wineries
- Why the Chocolate Garden is the Perfect Complement to Southwest Michigan Wineries
- Where to Find the Best Outdoor, Waterfront Dining
- Where to stay for a romantic tour of Southwest Michigan Wineries that brings the romance
Of course, there’s plenty more to do in Michigan than just drinking wine. If you’re interested in craft beers, make it a point to go on a tour of Michigan breweries. You can also find some of the best golf courses in the world. Michigan has more than two dozen casinos.
You’ll also find plenty of great outdoor activities. Take some time to get out on the water with kayaking, canoeing, and white water rafting. Spend a night under the stars with some of the best camping in the country. You can even visit the Sleeping Bear Dunes and experience a natural environment that’s found nowhere else in the world.
The Great Lakes State really has everything. It’s just a bonus that Southwest Michigan Wineries are some of the best in the world.
The Baker’s Dozen – The Top 13 Southwest Michigan Wineries
- Contessa Wine Cellars, Located at 3235 Friday Road in Coloma. 269-468-5534
- Domaine Berrien Cellars, Located at 398 East Lemon Creek Rd, in Berrien Springs. 269-473-WINE
- Fenn Valley Vineyards and Wine Cellars, Located at 6130 122nd Ave, in Fennville. 800-432-6265
- Warner Vineyards, Located at 706 S Kalamzoo St, in Paw Paw. 800-756-5357
- Tabor Hill Winery and Restaurant, Located at 185 Mt Tabor Rd, in Buchanan. 800-283-3363
- Round Barn Winery, Located at 10983 Hills Rd, in Baroda. 800-716-WINE
- Lemon Creek Winery and Fruit Farm, Located at 533 E Lemon Creek Rd, Berrien Springs. 296-471-1321
- Lawton Ridge Winery, Located at 8456 Stadium Dr in Kalamazoo. 269-372-9463
- Karma Vista Vineyards and Winery, Located at 6991 Ryno Rd, in Coloma. 269-GOT-WINE
- Hickory Creek Winery, Located at 750 Browntown Rd in Buchanan. 269-422-1100
- Gravity, Located at 10220 Lauer Rd, Baroda. 269-471-9463
- Founders Wine Cellar, Located at 8963 Hills Road, Baroda. 269-426-5222
- Free Run Cellars, Located at 10062 Burgoyne Road, Berrien Spring. 269-471-1737
These are considered, by many, to be the best southwest Michigan wineries. They’re located along the Lake Michigan Shore Winetrail, and it’s easy to get from one to the next.
Southwest Michigan Wineries and the Chocolate Garden – Pure Indulgence
There’s nothing that compliments wine quit like chocolate. There’s also few gifts that echo the sentiment of romance quite like fancy chocolates. Consider a box of their handmade truffles as a gift for your loved one.
They’ve been featured numerous times on the food network, and they’ve received plenty of awards that proves they’re one of the best chocolatiers in the country. If you’re out touring southwest Michigan wineries and you don’t stop in at the chocolate garden, you’ll really miss out.
The Best Outdoor, Water Front Dining in Southwest Michigan
The Bentwood Tavern, at the Marina Grand Resort, is one of the absolute best water-front dining experiences you can have in southwest Michigan. They serve only the finest foods, made from scratch, and only with local ingredients.
If you want a taste of Pure Michigan, there’s nothing quite like eating the cuisine they’ll prepare for you. They’re open seven days a week for lunch and dinner, and serve 10am brunch on Saturday and Sunday.
Consider starting your tour of south Michigan wineries by getting brunch on a Saturday. You’ll be close to all of the wineries on the Lake Shore Trail, so you’ll be able to get to any of with ease.
Romantic Visits Southwest Michigan Wineries
There are few trips that are quite as romantic as visiting the wineries and vineyards in Michigan. Bring your sweetheart along for a weekend stay in the Great Lakes State, and you’ll be sure to remember the days of fun and nights of passion for the rest of your life.
You’ll need a place to stay, though, and finding the perfect spot can be a challenge. Visiting wineries and vineyards can prove to be a rather relaxing experience. The last thing you want is to have the hustle and bustle of a huge hotel interfering with your mood.
Instead, find a bed and breakfast in the area, like the Kalamazoo House. You’ll be able to start your days with a delicious breakfast, and you’ll have a nice, home-like setting to retire to at the end of the night.
The Kalamazoo House is almost perfectly located for any trip that focuses on Southwest Michigan Wineries. You’ll find that it’s convenient to several venues, like Kalamazoo Beer Week (held annually in January), and Bell’s Brewery’s Eccentric Café, which was featured in “269 Cool Things to Do in Area Code 269.”
Kalamazoo house is on the list, but there are 268 more great things, too. Be sure to pick up a copy of the book so you have plenty of other fun things to do while visiting and touring southwest Michigan wineries.